Donation

If you found the contents in this blog useful, then please make a donation to keep this blog running. You can make donations via Skrill with email address shazin.sadakath@gmail.com

Monday, August 16, 2010

Deleting All .svn directories from a SVN Local Copy

I have been puzzled for sometime on how to recursively delete all .svn directories from a local copy of a particular SVN checkout. I was searching through the net and found a solution but sadly it didn't work so I had to make some minor modifications to make it work. Now all you have to have to do is copy and paste the following code in a notepad and save it as "delete_svn.reg" and double click it and allow it to create a registry. Then you can right click on the root directory of any SVN local copy checkout and select "Delete SVN Folders" from the context menu to delete .svn metadata directories.


Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\DeleteSVN]
@="Delete SVN Folders"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\DeleteSVN\command]
@="cmd.exe /c \"TITLE Removing SVN Folders in %1 && COLOR 9A && FOR /r \"%1\" %%f IN (.svn _svn) DO RD /s /q \"%%f\" \""

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nearing End, New Beginning..

Officially Google Summer of Code comes to an end this week, but the lessons learnt from it will continue forever.

It was a very informative learning experience so far. I learnt how to work in a team and get the work done. I am very happy and honored have got selected to Google Summer of Code. All praises should go to God and God Alone. I have given my best during Google Summer of Code. I had to do Google Summer of Code as well as My Academic Project simultaneously. I managed to get them both done while switching on and off between the two.

Even though the summer is over I am hoping to continue the contributions whenever I can to the opensource community. I will be doing my final year from September 2010 and hoping to graduate in 2011 if God Wish th.

I would like to thank my Mentor Burke Mamlin and my backup Mentor Ben Wolfe for all the help throughout this summer. Really was lucky to have you guys as mentors.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Working Hard..

As end of Summer of Code 2010 is nearing, I can say that I have given my best to achieve the required goals of my project and I have achieved most of the goals that were in my project description.

I am happy to say that while achieving those goals, I learnt quited a lot too. It was a very challenging and fun experience for me thus far.

As we are nearing the end of Summer of Code, Last Week I started the Documentation and managed to get some documentation in the online wiki pages.

Some community members praised my early documentation and gave some feedback to make it better.

I have been given some minor tasks to be done by my mentor and I am hoping to finish them off as soon as possible.

Hope everything goes smoothly and god will be with me as always.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

All Forward, Hard Forward, Relax ....

Took a weekend off after 2 months and guess where I headed? Kithulgala! one of the best places in the world for White Water Rafting. I have never done WWR before and it was an amazing amazing experience. I was in the front left side and it was very thrilling to go into rapids and was a nice experience. If someone is hoping to visit Sri Lanka, definitely a nice place to visit to.



This is not a picture of me and my friends, Just to show how Kithulgala looks like.



Now this is a picture of us in the water. I am at the front left :)

Then spent some quality time with my batch mates at Miyora Hotel in Kithulgala. Certainly was a great experience after a long time.

That being said I was busy doing some modifications to the Openmrs Module Administration page based on the feedback I got from my mentor and the rest of the community after the second and final presentation.

One major change requested was displaying all the modules in the module repository search area and reducing the modules based on the search. Currently the repository search uses an AJAX based Jquery Data table but I had to change it to a Javascript Array based Jquery Data table to work correctly.



Apart from that some more minor changes were also done to module administration page.
Currently working on polishing up the User Interface and documentation.

Hoping to carry on the good work, hope god will be with me as always.